Thank you for your interest in working for Medica Packaging Ltd.
POSITION: Finishing Assistant
SALARY: A competitive salary is on offer.
HOURS: Full time – Operating via the double day shift pattern.
LOCATION: Crewe, CW1 6UL
Originating back to 1922, our company has a strong heritage of providing specialist pharmaceutical and healthcare packaging services. Our focus is to provide continued growth through excellence by utilising our industry leading skills, knowledge and experience to offer our customers a range of high quality, flexible and innovative services at competitive prices
Assist in the efficient set up and running of Carton Gluing machines and related activities including the inspection of cartons to pre-determined quality standards
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
- Transport pallets of unglued cartons to required location by means of a hand or electric pallet truck
- Strip carton profiles from surrounding waste board (taking care not to damage cartons)
- Flick inspect flat cartons from adjacent pallet and place in machine feed
- If a fault develops, stop the machine and inform the Machine Operator
- Take off glued cartons from machine delivery and check for any faults
- Pack specified number of cartons into designated outers and layer as required
- Seal, label and stack filled boxes on pallet provided
- At the end of each job carry out the ‘line clearance’ procedure
- Have ability to produce all outer and pallet labels for box identification
- Assist with M/R efficiency where applicable ( e.g. carriage settings and carton pack set up)
- Transport and empty carton waste bins into Compactor ensuring the correct recycling protocol is followed
- Ensure correct size outers, dividers are available for packing
- Prepare customer samples as required
- Carry out visual inspection as instructed, including customer returns or internal referrals, as necessary
- Assist with training of new starters as required
- Provide cover to other areas as required ie; PILs Department
- Ensure Procedure for all customers labels and pallet sheets are adhered to, where applicable
- Ensure adherence at all times to the Company’s Quality Assurance Policies and Procedures and maintain compliance to appropriate standards
- Carry out work safely in the interests of other employees and themselves, in compliance with current legislation and Company Environmental, Health & Safety procedures to including general housekeeping
- Any other tasks associated with this role, which are suited to the individual’s abilities and level of training as directed by the Line Manager.
- Vigilance/attention to detail
- Compliance with sampling procedures
- Team working ability/flexibility
- Maths and English GCSE or equivalent
- Adherence to Q.A. and Health & Safety procedures
Please send your CV to HR@medicapackaging.com.
We are always searching for additional talent to join our team and would welcome your enquiry. If you are interested in future opportunities with a successful and progressive company please forward your CV and a covering letter stating the areas of work in which you are interested to: HR@medicapackaging.com
By emailing hr@medicapackaging you accept the following notice.
The protection of personal data is an important issue for us. Your data will be handled in accordance with federal and state legal provisions on the protection of personal data and on data security.
Your personal data will be stored exclusively for recruitment and hiring purposes, as mandated under federal and state law, and the company will evaluate your credentials for job opportunities available at the company or for a specific job opportunity selected by you.
Subject to state and federal law, you have the right to view and correct inaccurate data maintained about you, and you may be asked to review and update your data from time to time. You may also remove your data from consideration.
Personal data will not be communicated to third parties, however, Group-wide staff selection processes may involve access to your data by authorized Human Resources decision-makers and employee representatives within Medica Packaging.